About Friends of Goose Pond
Friends of Goose Pond (FoGP) supports wildlife conservation and habitat restoration at Goose Pond Fish and Wildlife Area in Greene County Indiana through environmental education, scientific research and recreational activities and programs.
Vision Statement Goose Pond: Wildly diverse global ecosystem inspiring, educating and providing recreation for all.
DescriptionGoose Pond Fish and Wildlife Area is dedicated to providing quality hunting, wildlife viewing and trapping opportunities while maintaining 8,064 acres of prairie and marsh habitat. Prior to the property being acquired by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), the previous landowner entered into a perma- nent easement with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). This permanent easement was part of the Wetlands Reserve Pro- gram (WRP) and consisted of 7,200 acres. NRCS then assumed responsibility for the wetland restoration. In October 2005, with the help of The Nature Conservancy, Ducks Unlimited, Indiana Department of Transportation, United States Fish and Wildlife Service and many other organizations, IDNR purchased the 8,064-acre property including the 7,200 acres under permanent WRP easement, creating Goose Pond Fish and Wildlife Area.
Error: Your Requested widget "Custom Menu " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area sidebar-learn]
- [do_widget_area sidebar1]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget id="custom-menu-wizard-2"]
- [do_widget id="custom-menu-wizard-3"]
- [do_widget id="custom-menu-wizard-4"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]