Skip to content
Scroll To Top
Friends of Goose Pond 2020 Calendar Photo Contest
Highlighting Goose Pond FWA
- A challenge to creativity and photo skill for photographers of all ages.
- An opportunity for recognition in a calendar that will broaden awareness of the natural beauty and diversity of GPFWA.
- Entrants may be of any age.
- Entrants may not be judges for this contest.
- Entry is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries must be photos taken at Goose Pond FWA.
- Photos must be submitted by the end of the day on September 30, 2019.
- Send email entries with attached photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in your email: your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and number of photos attached (LIMIT 3 photographs).
- Each photo must be accompanied by a caption with the photographer’s name and a number identification (ie. 1.3 indicates that this is photo #1 of 3 photos submitted).
- Receipt of your electronic entry with attached photo(s) is considered release and consent for Friends of Goose Pond to publish your photo(s) for calendar, public display, or other promotional purposes.
- Entries can be in color or black and white and must be at least 600 dpi resolution. All photos must be submitted in jpeg format. Pictures should be formatted for horizontal display. Maximum file size is 5.5 MB.
- Only limited image modifications are permitted. Manipulation should only be used to sharpen or produce a more natural looking photograph. Cropping is allowed but any other color modifications or the addition of any elements not existing in the original scene will not be allowed.
- Finalists will be notified by October 31, 2019.
- It is understood that by virtue of making a submission, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and provisions
- In choosing photo subjects, entrants are encouraged to explore the diversity of Goose Pond FWA. Landscapes, seasons, individuals engaged in activities, flora and fauna are all topics of interest.
- A panel of Friends of Goose Pond members will judge the photo entries and select winners.
- Judging criteria will include: technical expertise, originality/creativity, interest and ability to be reproduced for publication.
- No compensation is given for entry or selection. However the photographer of any photo(s) used in the calendar will be recognized in the calendar. They will also receive a free copy of the calendar itself.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email on or before October 31, 2019.